Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Christmas Memory.....

Okay, I thought I had a picture of this memory on my computer, but I can't find it. Anyway, Kerri, my friend, reminded me of one christmas a few years back. We were going to spend christmas with my dad that year, I think it was in 2003. I happening to be talking to Kerri on the phone, telling her that I didn't want to spend the money on a tree that year cause we weren't going to be home. And the tradition in our house is to have a real tree.So we put are heads together to figure out what to do, so that it would feel like christmas for my kids. Kerri and her bright ideas mentioned that she had a roll of butcher paper and that we could just draw a tree and tape it to the wall. So guess what we did. We had a taped christmas tree on the wall that year. My kids thought that it was pretty cool. We even put christmas presents under that tree. I did have a lot of people from the ward ask if we need help getting a christmas tree.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

All I know was that Christopher really wanted a tree that year and I wanted to provide. Was that your mom's last Christmas? It just seemed like that was one of the reasons you were going to Alpine for Christmas. Yes EVERYONE was asking you if you didn't have the money for a tree.

proud mom! said...

Yeah, I think that was my mom's last christmas. That was alot of fun to do.