Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!!!!

I was going to do this yesterday, but ran out of time. So here is my tribute to my mother. Her birthday is on November 19th. She has been with our heavenly father for seven years. Wow!! I just wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday. She was such a good mother to us. I can remember so many things that she did for us kids. She did alot of sacrificing for us. I can remember always going and talking with her and just plain having fun. She was always there for us and for other people. She loved helping and serving. Since I just got thru reading my friends blog about laughter is the best medicine, I will tell you this story. This will tell you what kind of personality and fun loving my mother was. We used to play this game, in our house, called sardines. It is like hide and seek, only backwards. Anyway, my sister's fiance,now husband, was coming to visit us. I think for the first time. Anyway, we decided that we would play sardines with him. Talk about an initiation into the family. He got it. So my mother spent all day cleaning the house. She even cleaned the top of the fridge. Then that night we all dressed in our dark clothes. Turned the lights off. Back up. Maybe I should tell you how to play the game. What you do is this: You make sure your house is completely dark,One person hides, the rest go into the bathroom for a count of 60. Then you come out into the dark house and look for that one person. When you find that one person you hide with them. Get the picture. It is alot of fun. So back to the story now. We played this game with him. My mother really got into this game. She had all black clothes on. And we all know how short my mom was. 4'11". It was her turn to hide. So guess where she hid. That is right on top of the fridge. We all looked for her and hid with her. So here is a fifty year old women hiding with her kids on the fridge and counters. Cause five kids do not fit on the fridge. And it is pitch black. We are all quiet, trying not to laugh, as we watch my brother-in-law is crawling around on the floor in some areas trying to find us. Quiet hilarious. We all had a big roll on the floor laughing session. So mom, Happy Birthday, and Love you and miss you.

4 comments:

Judi said...

That was really funny. How did you all fit up there? How long did it take him to find you all up there? Happy Birthday Sis. J.

Kerri said...

What a fun mom. I can't believe it has been that long. Time just seems to move so fast.

Lori said...

I still miss Mom....she was great. We're going to have so much fun when we reunite with her. And it's still so fun to share that sardine story with people.

John and Lisa said...

I've been glancing through your blog, Vicki. I just came to this one about your mom. I didn't remember hearing that she had died. Maybe I HAD heard it...but 7 years ago I had a newborn, so I must have been not too focused at the time. I know the feeling you have, longing for your mom...missing her. I LOVE this story about her hiding on the fridge! Your mom was so dang cute. Thanks for the blog address. I'll be following from now on.