Thursday, February 5, 2009
14 Proven Stress Reducers
I read this on my friends blog. This is something I think that we all need to know how to do. To reduce our stress. I know I do.
1. Procrastination is stressful. Whatever you want to do tomorrow, do today: whatever you want to do today, do now!
2. Allow 15 minutes of extra time to get to appointments.
3. Have an optimistic view of the world. Believe that most people are doing the best they can.
4. For every one thing that goes wrong, there are probably 10 or 50 or 100 blessings. Count your blessings.
5. Simplify, simplify, simplify!
6. Get enough sleep. If necessary, uae an alarm clock to remind you to go to bed.
7. Create order out of chaos. Organize your home and work space so that you always know exactly where things are. Put things away where they belong and you won't have to go through the stress of losing things.
8. Writing your thoughts and feelings down in a journal or book of remembrance can help you clarify things and can give you a renewed perspective.
9. Talk it out. Discussing your problems with your spouse, or friend can help clear your mind of confusion so you can concentrate on problem solving.
10.Everyday, do something you really enjoy.
11. Eliminate destructive self-talk: "I can't"..."I don't look good enough" ..."I'm not smart enough"
12. Allow yourself time everyday for privacy, quiet, introspection, and prayer.
13. If an especially "unpleasant" task faces you, do it early in the day and get it over with. Then the rest of your day will be free of anxiety.
14. Have a forgiving view of events and people. Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this, Vicki! I could really do better by following these steps! Love your new look on your blog! and cute, cute pictures!
Thanks! I could use these steps also. Probably won't happen.LOL
Post a Comment