Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hospital Trip....

Well four thirty yesterday morning I got up with a real bad pain on my left side. I let it go until 5. I thought that maybe if I got up and took a shower,got ready for work I would feel better. Not exactly. The pain was just worse. I finally told Gerald that he needed to take me in. Yes he was actually home for this. Anyway we sat at the hospital here in Preston until about 10am. To find out that I had a kidney stone 6x5mm big. That is a huge kidney stone. The doc said that is why I was in so much pain. Anyway, they ended up shipping me to Logan, UT to the Cache Valley Specialty hospital. This is where I suppose to see another Doctor to have the kidney stone taken care. He didn't come into my room until around six thirty. Talk about along time of sitting and waiting, without food or water. He gave me a choice of either having surgery now or wait until morning. Well of course I took right now. I didn't suffer without food and water all day not to have the surgery. Plus I had been in so much pain, I wanted to get it taken care. It took about 5 shots of morphine, a shot of Demerol, and a shot of Tordol before they got me out pain. Anyway, they took me in for surgery. The doctor did the surgery. The funny thing about all this is that when he did surgery the kidney stone was no where to be found. Talk about messed up. As far as I know I never passed it. So where did the kidney stone go. We would all like to know. I know that I had it. They did a cat scan in Preston. And did x-rays in Logan. After that who knows were pesky thing went. That was my exciting day yesterday. What a way to get out of work. Not on purpose.

5 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Hope you are okay!!! Just talked with Heather yesterday & she has some also - & she is 7 months pregnant!!! Ugh!! So PAINFUL!! Know we are thinking of you!! Love ya! Lisa

Kerri said...

I'm sorry. What a nightmare!

Lori said...

I know you were just jealous because I had surgery and you didn't....LOL!! Just kidding you know...but you know what is kind of ironic? I have a hysterectomy so no more babies and you have a kidney stone. Does that sorta in a strange way remind you of something? Remember when I had Branden and you were in the hospital too for a kidney stone? You had a kidney stone at the beginning of my child bearing years and then when they came to a permanent end. Funny don't you think? OK maybe not....Love ya babe...take care of yourself!!

Shuman X Seven said...

What a fantastic story though!! Too bad you didn't find it..... with one that big, you could have made jewelry out of it!! JK

Fiauna said...

Hope you're feeling better now. I've heard those things are awful!