Monday, April 6, 2009
Back to School....
Well kids are back in school. There is only 36 days left of school. Then there is summer. Yeah. I really like this time of year. My kids get to go out and play outside. They will use all that energy that they store up during the winter. It gets so cold here in Idaho, that it is hard to push them outdoors to play. They will sometimes go sledding at the neighbors house or build snow forts, but most of the time they spend inside. So now that it is getting warmer, they will be outside all day playing. All that energy will be gone. It does get busier, with Dance Competitions, and games to go cheer at, then vacations, etc. We are taking our first family vacation this year to California. We are going to visit my mother-in-law, take a trip to the Santa Barbra Zoo, go to Disneyland, cause a trip to California has have a trip to Disneyland in it. Then we are also going to go Calico Ghost Town. I haven't been there in years. I like going to the Ghost towns. They are probably more up my alley than Disneyland. LOL. That is all at the beginning of summer. Then we just relaxed. We usaully have a pool up, trampoline, all the fun summer stuff. We are also going to do some camping, hopefully, this summer.
But most of all about this time of year that I like, is that it will be hot outside. Yeah. I am ready for the warmth this year. So, enjoy this time of year. Enjoy the time of spending with family and friends. And say "HI" to those neighbors that you only see when you go to church, because it is too cold during the winter time to visit outside. Enjoy, Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's interesting how your location makes a difference to your experiences. Living in Mesa...the summers are the time that we spend indoors, unless you're swimming. It gets so hot here...right now, the weather is perfect, reminds me of Ventura weather. 70's and 80's...but just around the corner we will be in the 100's, sometimes 110, 115. It's amazing how your body adjusts, though. I love the summer, in that my kids do a lot of swimming...but other than that...I hate the heat!!! We were spoiled in Ventura, weren't we? Enjoy your summer...sounds like you've got some great things planned!
We werer very spoiled in Ventura...
I agree. I'm ready for school to be done and for winter to be gone!
I couldn't have said it better myelf!!! I can't wait for the long days of summer, and not having to share my children with the school!!
Post a Comment