Friday, April 17, 2009

Police friend or enemy....!

So my day today started out at 5:30 this morning. Me and my daughter Anna went and delivered newspapers. Then I dropped Anna off at home to get ready for work, and I went over to my work to do my grocery list and talk to the girl that was working. She is going thru a hard time right now and needed to talk. So of course I went there. Got out my car, locked the door, and then realized that my keys were still in the van. Of course, Jeanna, my girlfriend, stood there and laughed. So I preceded to call the police station to come and unlock the door for me. Yes, Preston police are still nice enough to come and unlock the doors for you. No matter what. That is how my morning started. Now here is the funny part. I left for work at 1:45, got to work to have a Policeman pull right in behind me. Guess what, they are also good at giving out tickets. All though I wasn't going as fast as he said I was. I think that police are on the mean list for me tonight. He couldn't just give me a warning, no, he had to give me a ticket. And of course, Jeanna was still at work,and was laughing. So I am glad that I could make my friend laugh today. On a more serious note. My dad went back into the hospital yesterday morning complaining of alot of pain. He has been retaining water in the lower half of his body. That can't figure out where the water is coming from. They have done a Cat Scan and everything looks good that way. They went in today and drained the water and are testing it for cancer. They think that he might have pancreatic cancer, but we won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday. That was the only organ that they couldn't see very well in the Cat Scan. And I guess that the water retention is a sign of pancreatic cancer. Anyway, keep him in your prayers. Thank you.

3 comments:

John and Lisa said...

Is this fluid retention ascites? Just wondering if that's what the doctors are calling it. We'll be praying for him, and for you too, ok? Take care.

Kerri said...

Just remember the time you got pulled over twice on your way to Logan. Once too fast, the other too slow. Yikes. LEt us know about your dad.

proud mom! said...

Lisa what is ascites? I don't know if that is what they are calling it. Thanks for the prayers.