Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving! Black Friday! Mooseballs!

Well one holiday done. We had such a fantastic Thanksgiving. We stayed home and invited my friend Lori and her family up for the holiday weekend. It was a lot of fun for me and my kids. Unfortunately Gerald wasn't able to make it home for Thanksgiving. We sat around talked, ate, and I think that we might have even slept. Just little though.

Then there was good ol' Black Friday. What a day. Let see where do I start. Lori and I left my house at midnight. Yes midnight! I felt that I needed to get there early so that we could scope out Walmart. I wanted to get two laptops. So we wanted to find out where the lines were going to be and what we had to do to get in those lines. Come to find out we had to get a ticket and stand in line for 5 hours. Yes we sat in line on the floor for five hours for a computer. We had fun talking with the other people that were smart enough to come in early and get a ticket to sit for five hours. Then when that was done, we found our way out of Walmart and went to Old Navy. That wasn't too bad.

After all the shopping was done we went home and picked everyone up to go back. We took the kids ice skating and then went to the craft show there in Logan. We really did have a good time Friday. Lori and I went without sleep for about 39 hours. Don't suggest that anyone do that. I will try my hardest not to do it again.

Then Saturday my friend Lori had to go to Salt Lake City to pick up her daughter's pageant dress. So of course Taylor tried dresses on also. Kaitlyn and her love to try on the formals. And of course I can't resist taking pictures.

They had a little boutique that was hooked onto the Bridal store, so of course, being women and girls we had to check the boutique out. Devin happened to find a couple of purses and a hat and decided to try them on. Of course you can't miss those picture moments. He is just too cute. Then we stopped at Denny's to eat. Kids seem to think that you need to feed them all. Of course again we had a Kodak moment. We decided that all our kids standing together looked like the Cingular bars on their commercials. What do you think? After Salt Lake we came back home to go to my friends house for Mooseballs and Hot Cocoa. They are soooo good. This is becoming a tradition for my family every year after the Festival of Lights, to go and have mooseballs and hot cocoa at Shannon's house. That was our Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Festival of lights weekend. It was a full weekend, but a lot of fun. Hope that we can do it again next year.

3 comments:

annikab said...

Dare I ask? What the heck is a Mooseball?

proud mom! said...

Take rhodes bread dough. Break it apart into small little balls and wrap it around hershey kisses. Then deep fry them and roll them into powder sugar. They are real yummy.

Kerri said...

So you had fun without me once again. Miss you.